Top 5 Best Oil For 3.5 EcoBoost
The 3.5 EcoBoost engine is a powerful engine that has been found in many different vehicles like the Ford F-150 (2011-2016). If you are having problems with your 3.5 EcoBoost engine or just want to make sure it runs smoothly down the road, then you need to find out what oil is best for this type of car. We will show you which oils are the best for these engines and why they work so well!
- SAE: 5W-30
- API: SP/SN PLUS/SN/SM
- Brand: Castrol
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Castrol GTX MAGNATEC 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil at Amazon!
- SAE: 5W-30
- API: SP/SN PLUS/SN/SM
- Brand: Mobil 1
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Mobil 1 Extended Performance Extended Performance 5W-30 Motor Oil at Amazon!
- SAE: 5W-30
- API: SP/SN PLUS/SN
- Brand: Valvoline
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil at Amazon!
- SAE: 5W-30
- API: SN/ Resource Conserving/ SN PLUS
- Brand: Ford
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Ford Genuine XO-5W30-QSP SAE 5W-30 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil at Amazon!
Our Overall #1 Rated Pick
Pennzoil is one of the most well-known brands, and for good reason. They make an awesome motor oil that works great in your 3.5 EcoBoost Ford!
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil provides a smooth ride while protecting against wear to extend engine life, provide optimal protection during cold starts and warm-up periods, prevent deposits from forming on pistons and cylinders which can lead to sludge formation or other issues down the line, improve gas mileage by up to two percent just by switching over.
Pennzoil is also made with high-quality synthetic base oils like its conventional counterpart, but it does have some slight differences:
- Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil contains a new advanced technology package called Clean Shield.
- The addition of the Clean Shield Package helps prevent dirt and particles from becoming trapped in your oil, which can lead to increased engine wear.
- Great for cars that go through long periods without being driven or those that frequently see cold weather.
- Pennzoil Ultra Platinum full synthetic motor oil delivers an unmatched level of cleanliness due to a new additive package which reduces deposits by 97% compared to leading conventional brands after 12,000 miles/12 months.
- API SN Resource Conserving certified, meaning it meets or exceeds the most rigorous standards for protecting your engine while maximizing fuel economy.
For all of these reasons, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is our overall #rated pick for 3.5 Ecoboost vehicles.
3.5 EcoBoost Engine Overview
The 3.5 Ecoboost V-shaped six-cylinder engine delivers power and fuel efficiency in an all-new design. This engine is offered in two different sizes:
- The first is a twin-turbocharged V-six displacing 365 cubic inches.
- The second option is a single turbocharged V-six displacing 330 cubic inches.
Both engines are equipped with direct injection and twin turbos to deliver excellent performance and fuel economy.
The smaller of the two engines, the 330 cubic inch unit, produces 370 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque. It can tow up to 12,000 pounds when properly. The larger 365 cubic inch unit produces 375 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft. of torque. It can tow up to 13,200 pounds when properly equipped.
Both engines are backed by a ten-speed automatic transmission that helps deliver the best fuel economy possible.
The 3.5 Ecoboost engine has become very popular with truck buyers due to its combination of power and fuel efficiency. Many people are looking for ways to improve the performance and longevity of their 3.5 Ecoboost engine. One way to do this is to make sure you are using the correct type of oil in your engine.
There are many different types of oil available on the market, but not all of them are suitable for use in a 3.5 Ecoboost engine.
Oil for 3.5 EcoBoost Recommended by Manufacturer
The manufacturer recommends specific oil for your vehicle Ford F-150. If you’re able, follow their recommendation to the letter. They know that car better than anyone else and what’s more important – they design it!
The Ford Motor Company recommends using Motorcraft® Synthetic Blend motor oil in your F-150. This oil is designed to help protect your engine against wear and tear while helping to keep it running smoothly. It is also formulated to resist sludge build-up and piston deposits, which can cause damage over time.
If you’re looking for a high-quality oil that will help protect your engine, Motorcraft® Synthetic Blend is a great option. It’s available at most Ford dealerships, and it’s backed by the Ford name. So if you’re looking for peace of mind when it comes to protecting your vehicle, this is the oil for you.
Ford recommends for Ford F-150 the 3.5 Ecoboost engine use the oil viscosity grade SAE 5W-30.
This is a synthetic oil that has been designed to provide excellent protection for high-performance engines. It also meets the requirements of the Ford WSS-M2C946-A specification.
The oil capacity for the Ford 3.5 Ecobooster engine is six quarts.
It is important to use the correct oil and fill it to the proper level in order to ensure the best protection for your engine.
Specification of Oil
The oil specification for the Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost is WSS-M2C946-A.
This means that it has been designed to meet or exceed all of the requirements specified by Ford. If you are unable to find this specification on your bottle of oil, then do not use it in your vehicle. It is very important to make sure that you have an engine with a high-performance condition if you expect to get maximum results from using these types of oils.
Some useful link is attached below:
Oil for 3.5 EcoBoost by Mileage
If you’re looking for the best oil for your Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost engine, there are a few things to consider. The type of driving you do, the age and make of your vehicle, and how many miles are on your engine all play a role in what kind of oil is best for your car.
Generally speaking, synthetic oils offer better performance than conventional oils. They also tend to last longer, so they’re a good choice if you have an older vehicle or drive a lot of miles.
However, there are some synthetic oils that perform better than others.
If you drive a lot of highway miles, conventional oil tends to last longer and provides more protection for your engine over time. If you’re driving city miles or if your vehicle is older, get the best performance from synthetics by ensuring it’s one of the high-quality options on our list below:
– Valvoline High Mileage with MaxLife Technology SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
– Castrol GTX High Mileage 5W-30 Motor Oil
– Amazon Basics High Mileage Motor Oil – Full Synthetic – 5W-30
Best Oil for 3.5 EcoBoost
The top best product [hide]
It also meets Ford's stringent requirements for the 3.5 EcoBoost engine. Oil is has received high marks from users, and it has been shown to improve fuel economy by up to two percent.
This particular formula also allows your vehicle's power train and other components to run smoothly over extended periods of time without putting excess wear on parts due to friction caused by lower quality oils or those that haven't been changed frequently enough.
In addition, it helps keep your Ford F-150 running smoothly by reducing friction-related problems. It also meets or exceeds all of the requirements set forth by Ford for its vehicles, making it an ideal choice for those with a 3.5 EcoBoost engine.
It's made specifically to meet Ford's F-150 specifications and it has been shown to provide superior protection against viscosity loss at high temperatures than other oils can offer while helping keep exhaust systems clean as well. It can be used in all types of weather, including cold and hot climates.
This formula also allows your vehicle's power train and components to run smoothly over extended periods of time without putting excess wear on parts due to friction caused by lower quality oils or those that haven't been changed frequently enough.
This oil is designed to increase power, improve fuel economy and reduce wear on engine parts. If you're concerned about sludge build-up or have noticed that your oil isn't lasting as long between changes with other brands, this may be an option worth considering.
3.5 EcoBoost Oil Type By Year
The best oil for the car with the 3.5 EcoBoost engine has changed over the years. The below shows the type of oil recommended for your Ford F-150 based on the year it was manufactured:
Ford F-150 2017+: Motorcraft Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 or SAE 5W-20.
Ford F-150 2012-2016: Ford recommends using Castrol Edge with Titanium Fluid Strength Technology full synthetic motor oil, in the weight of either SAE 0W-20 or SAE 5W-30.
Ford F-150 2008-2011: Motorcraft Full Synthetic Blend Oil SAE 5W-20 or SAE 5W-30, API SN, and ILSAC GF-05
Ford F-150 2006-2007: Motorcraft Full Synthetic Blend Oil SAE 5W-20, API SM, and ILSAC GF-04
Ford F-150 2005: Motorcraft Full Synthetic Blend Oil SAE 5W-20, API SL, and ILSAC GC.
Ford F-150 2004: The Motorcraft Genuine Ford Full Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-20.
Oil for 3.5 EcoBoost – Buyer’s Guide
If you drive a car with the popular 3.5 EcoBoost engine, then you know that keeping it well lubricated is critical to performance and long life.
The good news is that there are many high-quality oils on the market today that will do the job. But what do you need to know when picking oil?
How Much Oil Does 3.5 EcoBoost Take?
The answer is that a typical oil change for the Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost engine requires around six quarts of oil.
Although the Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost engine is known for its durability, you still need to keep up with basic maintenance.
Ford recommends that you have your 3.5 EcoBoost engine serviced every 15,000 miles or every 12 months, whichever comes first.
As part of this process, it’s also a good idea to check other components like air filters and fuel filters as well.
How to Change Oil on your Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost?
Follow these simple steps to change the oil on your Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost vehicle. You will also need a funnel, oil filter wrench, and new oil. The steps are as follows:
Step One: Park your car on a level surface and engage the parking brake. Open the hood of the car.
Step Two: Locate Oil Drain Plug (near frame rail) and loosen using a wrench.
Step Three: Allow the oil to drain into the container. Tighten the plug back with a wrench.
Step Four: Locate the oil filter. Use an oil filter wrench to loosen the nut on top of the oil filter until it comes off.
Step Five: Insert the funnel into the opening where the oil filter was located. Screw on the new oil filter until it is tight.
Step Six: Pour in fresh motor oil.
Step Seven: Close the hood of the car and start it up. Let it run for a few minutes so that the new oil can circulate throughout the engine. Shut it off and allow it to cool down before checking the oil level again. It should be at or near the maximum line on the dipstick. If not, add more oil as needed following your owner’s manual instructions until you reach that mark.
Congratulations! You have now changed your Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost car’s oil yourself! It is not a difficult process, but always be sure to consult your owner’s manual for specific details and steps that may vary depending upon your vehicle’s make and model. Changing your own oil will save you money and time in the future, plus it is always good to learn new maintenance skills.
- If you live in an area where it snows a lot, use Motorcraft Premium Synthetic Blend Oil since this is the best oil for winter weather conditions and can take on extremely cold temperatures without breaking down as other oils would.
- If you’re going to be driving your car more than 15k miles per year, then look into using either Valvoline High Mileage with MaxLife Technology SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil or Amazon Basics High Mileage Motor Oil Full Synthetic 5W-30 which has been proven very useful with those who drive over 30k annually under specific circumstances such as certain types of severe driving/weather-related conditions that need high-performance lubrication situations.
- For those who are looking for something less expensive and still meets the needs of good synthetic oil, try Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil – it’s one of the most popular oils on the market for 3.5 EcoBoost engines.
- Use this guide as a reference to help you make your decision on which oil is best for your car!